Discover Effective Thyroid Remedies for Your Thyroid Problem
The thyroid is a very important gland and is part of the endocrine system that controls most of the body’s metabolic functions through the varied hormones it produces. The thyroid manufactures protein and regulates the body’s use of fat as well. The thyroid impacts weight gain or loss most because of its connection to the adrenal glands, reproductive hormones in women and neurotransmitters in the brain.
If the thyroid gland doesn’t work properly, such as when the amount of hormones it produces is more or less than the normal limit, the body suffers serious problems. Some of these are indicated by an abnormal increase or decrease in weight, lethargy, mood swings, and a drop in pulse rate, among other disturbances. Thyroid remedies and treatment methods depend on the specific type of thyroid problem.
Symptoms and effects of thyroid problems can be distressing but the good news is that they can be managed well with prompt and proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Hypothyroidism – Hypothyroidism is the most common type of thyroid problem and is caused by an underactive thyroid. This means that the thyroid is not able to produce enough hormones for the thyroid to function properly. Iodine deficiency is said to be the primary cause of hypothyroidism, which can later lead to goiter or enlargement of the thyroid gland.Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Low energy
- Poor concentration
- Sleep disorders
- Weight gain
- Menstrual problems
- Memory problems
- Cold hands and feet
- Dry skin
- Thinning hair
- Hyperthyroidism – The opposite of hypothyroidism is hyperthyroidism. When the thyroid gland is overactive, it produces more hormone than the body needs. Hyperthyroidism is usually caused by Graves’ disease, a disorder in which the immune system causes the hormone levels to be too high.
- Postpartum Thyroiditis – This type of thyroid disorder occurs after a woman gives birth. Fluctuations in a woman’s thyroid hormonal levels can cause the thyroid to swell and become inflamed. This condition usually corrects itself within six months with no significant damage to the gland. Although it’s quite common, it’s hard to detect because symptoms of postpartum thyroiditis such as fatigue, weight change, and difficulty in sleeping are typical problems for a woman after giving birth.
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis – The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, which is named after Dr. Hakaru Hashimoto who discovered this disease in 1912. It is an autoimmune disease brought about by the inflammation of the thyroid gland. As an autoimmune disease, the body mistakenly thinks the thyroid gland is a foreign object and attacks it.
- Thyroid Cancer – In this type of thyroid problem, there is a lump or nodule found in the thyroid gland. A rare type of cancer, thyroid cancer has symptoms like trouble breathing, difficulty in swallowing, and swelling of the lymph nodes on the neck.
High Quality Thyroid Preparations from Great Earth
At Great Earth Compounding Pharmacy, we prepare effective thyroid remedies for the most common thyroid problems. Check out our thyroid preparations and you’ll discover that we offer high quality T3 (liothyronine) and T4 (levothyroxine) compounded pharmaceutical preparations to address thyroid issues including hypothyroidism. Our products are 100% quality compounds and are suited to your body’s specific needs.
To learn more about our effective thyroid remedies,
call us today at 1-310-550-1822.
Patients: The compounded BHRT medications are available by prescription only. Please discuss it with your physician, or contact us with your physician’s name and contact information, and we can supply him or her with additional information.
Doctors: Contact us today to speak with our pharmacists to discuss other combinations that may be available to improve your patient’s symptoms and increase medication compliance.
8941 Santa Monica Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069
M-F: 9:30am - 6pm
S: 10am - 3pm