High-Grade Nutritional Dietary Supplements Ensure Optimal Health
Nutritional dietary supplements are no longer optional. We need them today more than ever. A study that ran for more than 40 years revealed that since the 1950’s, the nutritional value of fruits and vegetables has significantly deteriorated.
This phenomenon can be attributed to the depletion of nutrients in the soil, the prolonged storage of crops, and temperature manipulation required to ship food over long distances. Unlike ever before, fruits and vegetables can no longer provide an adequate amount of nutrients needed by the body.
As if that’s not alarming enough, you have to understand that the constant stress to which we subject ourselves on a daily basis also takes its toll on our health, making us more susceptible to a number of health problems. As well, we’re exposed to various types of harmful elements including chemical additives in our food, pollution, and other threats to our health.
To properly protect ourselves from disease, we must build strong immune systems. One of the best ways to achieve that goal is by making sure we have a healthy, balanced diet, supported with nutritional dietary supplements.
Food No Longer Provides Sufficient Nutrition
For a long time, we’ve known that a contributing cause of many health problems ranging from minor colds and allergies to life-threatening diseases such as cancer are nutritional deficiencies.
According to the US Council for Responsible Nutrition people are not getting sufficient amounts of nutrition required by their bodies. Some of the Council’s reported statistics and deficiencies are listed below:
- About 25% of teenage girls and 10% of teenage boys do not receive half their daily required calcium intake.
- More than 50% of the adult population has a vitamin A deficiency.
- About 80% of adults don’t get enough vitamin C.
- About 10% of adults don’t meet their daily requirements for vitamin E.
Nutritional Supplements Can Ward Off Diseases
Just by examining the statistics, we can see why more than half of the American population takes vitamin supplements every day, and many people who take them have seen and experienced tremendous improvements in their health.
Not only do vitamin supplements give you the right amount of nutrients you need to ward off threatening diseases, there is evidence to show that people who make nutritional supplementation a habit also take other steps toward having a healthier lifestyle. It is, minimally, a step in the right direction that can lead toward more frequent exercise which then leads to lower body mass index. It is also not uncommon to find that those who regularly take vitamin supplements are also non-smokers and non or light drinkers.
The reason for the improvement in life choices is probably because taking vitamin supplements is linked to a healthy lifestyle, which inevitably inspires people to practice healthier habits.
Vitamin Supplements Offer Protection From Diseases
- A sufficient intake of vitamin C and E can significantly lower the risk of lung cancer by a staggering 64%, reports Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. Of course all of the recommendations include those for adhering to a healthy lifestyle.
- The University of Maryland Medical Center reports that studies have found that a daily intake of vitamin supplements, i.e. a complete Multi-Vitamin, Omega-3 fatty acids, such as fish oils, Probiotics, like acidophilus and lactobacillus, and Calcium, consistently and over a period of time act as deterrents for colorectal cancer. Most impressive are reports from preliminary studies that supplementing with Vitamin D alone may cut colon cancer risk by up to 50%. Consult with a healthcare practitioner to determine the correct amount of Vitamin D you should be taking, as it varies substantially from person to person.
- Nutritional supplements build immune defenses and strengthen the nervous system, which makes elderly people less prone to age-related ailments.
- The New England Journal of Medicine reported following a study that supplementing with Vitamin E reduced the risk of cardiovascular disease by 50-69%.
- Per the Mayo Clinic, increasing Folic acid, an essential B vitamin, prevents spina bifida, a neural tube defect commonly found in newborn babies whose mothers have a folic acid deficiency.
Start Taking Vitamin Supplements Today
Because taking vitamins is recommended for the healthy lifestyle that you want to adopt, you deserve to have the highest quality vitamins made from only the best ingredients Great Earth Compounding Pharmacy is proud to carry Pharmaceutical grade, GMP certified, products, which means that companies we choose have been recognized for using good manufacturing practices in creating our top-of-the line products for you.
Great Earth Compounding Pharmacy also offers the most popular, high quality supplemental brands on the market today including Xymogen, Metagenics, Orthomolecular and Design for Health. These dietary supplements are made of the purest and strongest ingredients on the market and promote health, strength, and performance.
Doctors:Contact us today to speak with our pharmacists to discuss other combinations that may be available to improve your patient’s symptoms and increase medication compliance.
2060 A Lincoln Ave
Pasadena, CA 91103
M-F: 9:30am - 6pm
S: 10am - 3pm