If you’re looking for fast ways to lose weight, consider a hormone weight loss program, which promotes healthy weight loss. These programs are not sold with crazy hype based on speculation and hearsay like other speedy weight loss diets. Hormone weight loss programs are actually backed by, and supported by, scientific research.
The Following Hormones Affect Weight Loss
Here’s everything you need to know about hormones and how they affect weight loss, and how they can help you become a thinner you:
- Insulin—all weight loss programs require hormones to speed up the metabolism. A well-known hormone that triggers metabolism is insulin, a regulator of the blood sugar level. This is the common pattern: when we overload on carbohydrates, blood sugar levels shoot up, prompting the body to produce more insulin, as this is the body’s natural response. If the sugar isn’t used for energy or there is more than the body needs for energy, insulin will convert blood sugar into fat and store it in the body. Insulin, because it is an antilipolytic, also hinders fat breakdown. Even though insulin is a key factor in weight loss, it can be your enemy if you don’t practice healthy eating.
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)—DHEA plays an important role in the production of muscles. When the body produces more muscle than fat, it results in a leaner-looking body. However, chronic stress stimulates the production of cortisone, the stress hormone, which in turn lowers the levels of DHEA in the body. In short, chronic stress causes more fat to be stored in the body (a relaxed lifestyle will help reduce your weight!).
- Serotonin—this particular hormone helps in weight loss by sending a message to the body that the food we have eaten has satisfied us. When serotonin levels drop, it’s not only the risk of obesity that increases, but a person also becomes more prone to depression and lethargy. The body will make the mistake of thinking that it is starving, and this will lead to overeating—bad news for ‘Project Weight Loss.’ Again, what you need is a balanced, healthy diet.
- Thyroid Hormone—the hormone produced by the thyroid is known to increase the fat burning rate and increase energy levels. When there’s a shortage in this hormone, not only will one feel more sluggish, but also there will also be problems with digestion and bowel movements. Low thyroid levels slow down metabolism, and cause weight gain.
These are just a few of the many hormones that play a role in weight management. Most of these can be influenced by proper meal planning or by the use of supplements.
A Hormone Diet Can Help You Reach Your Weight Loss Goals Quickly
Consult a nutritionist to create a hormone diet that’s specially tailored to meet your healthy weight loss goals. Foods that are usually allowed include:
- Vegetables except for corn
- Fruits except for citrus fruits and those that are dried or canned
- Gluten-free grains
- Nuts and seeds
- Lean meat
- Healthy oils such as olive, avocado, canola and flaxseed
- Feta or goat cheese
- Nondairy milk
It is important to avoid foods with high mercury levels (such as some fish), nonorganic meats, raisins, dates, refined sugars, refined grains, trans fats, artificial sweeteners and foods with nitrites.
Remember, the right foods can increase the production of hormones that induce weight loss. This is just one of the many fast ways to lose weight that’s healthy and safe at the same time. Try it. A compounding pharmacy can help you make the right choices.
Patients: The compounded medications are available by prescription only. Please discuss it with your physician, or contact us with your physician’s name and contact information, and we can supply him or her with additional information.
Doctors: Contact us today to speak with our pharmacists to discuss other combinations that may be available to improve your patient’s symptoms and increase medication compliance.